The Premier Supplier of Recording Media, Storage and Workflow Solutions

Secure Disposal

Zero-landfill destruction

Data: From Cradle To Grave

ccktech provides a total ‘Cradle to Grave’ service with a comprehensive capability for re-cycling & disposal of all formats of used tape stock/recording media which meets full environmental guidelines. We operate a zero-landfill policy.
 
  • Collection from Client Location
  • Erasing of tapes
  • Breakdown of cassettes and cases
  • Destruction of all materials
  • Granulation of materials
  • Return of materials to manufacturing base
  • Certificate of Destruction

Overview of the recovery process

Manual separation of cases

All library cases are separated by hand and the plastic materials granulated. Any paper labels are also separated and shredded. Both materials are recycled and re-introduced within the UK manufacturing sectors. 

Secure shredding of cassettes

All cassettes are shredded to maximum 15mm particles. These particles are then put through an air separation unit to extract out the magnetic tape and any paper contaminates. As there currently is no use for magnetic tape these materials are sent to waste to energy.

We then extract out the metals which are recycled locally. This leaves a mixture of four polymer types. These are sent to another recycling plant within the UK where they are separated into their different polymer types, cleaned, extruded and then resold back into the UK manufacturing base.

On average the recovery rate of materials is 78% leaving the remainder of 22% going to waste to energy.

If you have any further queries, please contact us using the form below.

Get In Touch

Other Services

Latest News

SanDisk Extreme PRO® SD UHS-II cards

SanDisk Extreme PRO® SDHCTM and SDXCTM UHS-II cards

Catch Every Breathtaking Frame Pro Performance for Every Stage Supports 8K, 4K and Full HD video capture for cinema-quality results Capture every once-in-a-lifetime moment with the SanDisk Extreme PRO® SDHCTM or SDXCTM UHS-II card. Pro-level performance means super-fast continuous burst mode shots, maximum post-production workflow efficiency, and cinema-quality video recording. These high-performance SDHC and SDXC

Read More »

SanDisk Professional

INTRODUCING Premium, Pro-Grade Storage Solutions SanDisk Professional combines the pro-grade heritage of G-Technology® with the global trust of SanDisk® to create one powerful professional portfolio purpose built to empower your biggest inspiration. Pre-Order Now CREATE THE INCREDIBLE High-Performance Readers & Dock Pre-Order Now Enterprise-Class Desktop Drives Pre-Order Now Ultra-Rugged Portable Drives

Read More »
1