The Seagate® ExosTM 7E8 enterprise hard drive confidently stores up to 8TB of data without sacrificing performance. The secure, high-capacity, high-performance drives are optimised for demanding enterprise bulk data applications.
Enterprise Drive for Bulk Data Applications
Exos 7E8 hard drives support up to 8TB per drive, offering bulk data storage for data centre infrastructures requiring a highly reliable enterprise hard drive. Exos 7E8 provides cost-effective, reliable access to unstructured data. Built on field-proven 10th-generation conventional magnetic recording (CMR) technology, the Exos 7E8 drive helps to catalyse the datasphere, enabling data center architects and IT professionals to deliver trusted performance, rock-solid reliability, ironclad security, and low TCO for demanding 24×7 operations.
Robust Bulk Data Storage for a 24×7 World
Exos 7E8 drives are backed by a 2 million hour MTBF rating and support workloads of 550TB per year 10× that of desktop hard drives. With state-of-the-art cache, on-the-fly error correction algorithms, and rotational vibration design, the Exos 7E8 helps ensure consistent performance in replicated and RAID multi-drive systems.
High Performance for Mainstream Data Center Applications
Meet your storage workload requirements in the most efficient and cost-effective data center footprint on the market today. The Exos 7E8 delivers easy integration into bulk storage systems with 12Gb/s SAS and SATA 6Gb/s interface options. With user-definable innovative technology advancements like PowerChoice and Seagate RAID Rebuild®, you can tailor your nearline storage requirements for even greater improvements in lowering your TCO.
Enhanced Reliability, Data Protection, and Security
Advanced security features help protect data where it lives on the drive. Exos 7E8 prevents unauthorized drive access and safeguards stored data with security features that include Secure Downloads & Diagnostics, TCG-compliant Self-Encrypting Drive, and government-grade FIPS/Common Criteria tamper-resistant hard drive. Seagate SecureTM drives simplify drive repurposing and disposal, help protect data-at-rest, and comply with corporate and federal data security mandates.
- Quick access and storage of data with faster random performance over 100% faster than other hard drives
- 24×7 consistent performance every transaction, every day
- Efficiently delivers easy integration into replicated and RAID bulk storage systems with 12 Gb/s SAS and SATA 6 Gb/s interface options
- Industry’s best response times for an 8 TB nearline drive
- Enables the fastest data transfers thanks to our comprehensive advanced caching technology
- Supports enterprise-class nearline workloads of up to 550 TB per year (10 times that of desktop hard drives), helping you meet your rigorous bulk storage SLAs
- Protect data by choosing from government-grade SED FIPS 140-2 option3 or SED models2 with Seagate® Instant Secure Erase technology for easy and cost-effective drive disposal