Meeting the Needs of a Broad Market
WHY CHOOSE QUANTUM LTO ULTRIUM MEDIA
• Quantum’s LTO Ultrium media is manufactured to the highest industry standards for quality and reliability—ensuring high performance and durability, whether used for primary backup or long-term archive.
• A pioneer of the LTO Consortium, Quantum is committed to the continued development of the LTO platform. Quantum’s comprehensive media quality monitoring and extensive interoperability testing ensures cross-platform compatibility, optimal performance, and reliability whether you’re using a Quantum tape drive, library, or other LTO-compatible hardware.
• Quantum’s LTO Ultrium media is compliant with all media integrity analysis utilities. You can add another level of protection throughout the lifecycle of your data with the Advanced Media Usage Report and Extended Data Life Management (EDLM) features available in Quantum LTO Ultrium media. Media analysis and usage reports provide a view of the media condition for an entire media pool used within a specific tape library, even those in off-site storage. EDLM is a unique Scalar® automation feature designed to ensure the media integrity of cartridges placed in long- term archival or vaulted storage that are no longer used during normal operations. When your critical data is involved, it’s important to have a complete health record of your media.
• LTO Ultrium Write Once, Read Many (WORM) media cartridges are available to meet today’s stringent regulatory and compliance requirements. Combined with native AES 256-bit encryption on LTO-8, LTO-7, LTO-6, LTO-5, and LTO-4 drives, WORM cartridges physically prevent data from being overwritten or tampered with once it is written to the device—providing a reliable, accurate, and scalable data integrity solution.
• Quantum’s LTO media offering supports your comprehensive, “edge-to-core” backup, recovery, and archive strategy. When you use Quantum media and hardware, you get the added assurance of over 30 years of storage experience and service behind the entire solution.
High Storage Capacity
Up to 12 TB native and up to 30 TB* compressed
Up to 30-Year Archival Life
Compliant with All Media Integrity Analysis Utilities
Adds another level of data protection
Write Once, Read Many (WORM)
Addresses today’s tough regulatory and compliance needs
A high-durability non-contact IC memory chip up to 16 KB is built in; this contributes to significant improvement in tape library access and health reporting
BarCode Labeling and Library Packaging
Available to quickly load automation slots/trays
Over 30 Years of Storage Experience
Demonstrated top performance and innovation in hardware and media products